PETER STRAUBE, Licensed Vermont Property Inspector
Allow me to introduce myself!
I enjoy doing home inspections because I have always been fascinated with how things work, plus I enjoy meeting new people and seeing new properties every day. I have owned Vermont homes myself for the past 35 years and have bought and sold properties four times, so I definitely know what it feels like to be both a buyer and a seller. I know that buying or selling a home isn’t just a financial process, it’s an emotional one. It can also be exciting and fun!
I have spent much of my career in positions that require strong attention to detail and attentive customer service. I also have over three decades of experience as an educator and on-the-job trainer, so I know how to communicate clearly in a way that will make the most important things easy to understand.
- Licensed Vermont Property Inspector #143.0134037
- Certified as a Professional Inspector by the International Association of Certified Home Inspectors. I passed InterNACHI’s Inspector Examination with a score of 95.
- Completed two years of study at the University of Virginia School of Architecture.
- Designed and coordinated construction on a number of home renovation and expansion projects, including kitchens, dining rooms, porches, a master bathroom, and a log-frame pole barn. I also have many years of experience with maintaining equipment and facilities in a number of restaurant and hotel properties.
- Active member of the International Association of Certified Home Inspectors. I fulfill at least 24 hours of Continuing Education every year. So far I have completed InterNACHI courses in the following content areas:
- Residential Plumbing Inspection
- Residential Electrical Inspection
- HVAC Systems Inspection
- Water Heater Tanks Inspection
- Exterior Inspection
- Roof Inspection
- Inspecting Asphalt Shingle Roofs
- Attic, Insulation, Ventilation and Interior Inspection
- Inspecting for Structural Issues
- Inspecting Fireplaces, Stoves & Chimneys
- Log Home Inspection
- Defect Recognition & Report Writing
- InterNACHI Standards of Practice
- InterNACHI Code of Ethics
- COVID-19 Safety Guidelines for Home Inspectors
MY PROMISE TO YOU
My goal throughout the inspection process is to help you gain confidence in your purchase decision and to help you better understand the home you are buying and what you can expect as the new homeowner. Here’s what I can promise you:
- I will inspect the home as if I was buying it for myself, family members or friends.
- I will stay as long as it takes to do a thorough inspection, because I don’t want to miss anything.
- I will honor my commitments to you and deliver prompt, reliable service. You can expect your report to be delivered within 24 hours of the inspection appointment.
- I won’t disappear once you have received your inspection report. You can feel free to contact me with any questions that come up, even after the inspection report has been delivered.
- I will always honor the InterNACHI Professional Code of Ethics.
And finally…When I am not inspecting homes, I spend a lot of time in the Vermont outdoors hiking, kayaking, snowboarding, playing with my wife and our border collie Rowan, and working on my own log home at the edge of the forest. I would love to help you finalize the purchase of your next Vermont home!